Workshop of Photonics | WOP is a growing high-technology company providing laser-based solutions and technologies for industry and science customers.
I am Simas Godovan and I really like cookies.
We build a brand-new in-house team to develop Laser Fabrication, Nanoscale Motion Control, HMI, and Embedded systems. In a nutshell, to control lasers, build robots to control lasers, grow neural networks to build robots to control lasers.
Building a sustainable lightsaber, drawing a smiley face on the surface of the moon, providing advanced mining multi-tools for Mars exploration comes as a package deal.
That is why we are looking for software developers with profound knowledge of .NET/C# to join us. Keep reading, and if looks interesting enough, let us know! In case the feeling is mutual, we will let you know as well!
Engineers taking this position will bear the responsibility for the actual delivery of the features in a way that satisfies client requirements, business priorities, and technical direction. Therefore, monkey typing is not enough, be prepared to use both hemispheres. Having this is in mind, you will have some rigorous testing at Aperture Science Enrichment Center to prove koalification and evaluate your non-typing expertise.
After your Onboarding, you will be engaged in activities such as:
- Writing lots of code, squashing bugs, trying out new bugs.
- Reviewing your peers, being under the constant pressure of your peers checking you.
- Socializing with researchers, asking seemingly stupid questions about materials science.
- Drinking free coffee, eating occasional birthday cakes, laughing at corporate jokes.
- Tinkering with lasers, motion systems, scanners, and other equipment your will be integrating.
Therefore, for you to be hired, unless you know better, we need to be convinced that:
- You have developed software for at least 5 years and got paid for it.
- You have outstanding C# knowledge with examples to back it up.
- You know a considerable amount of the .NET and Windows application dos and don’ts.
- You can explain the difference between WinForms, WPF, UWP.
- You are in a good relationship with RMDS, and you get why it is ACID. PostgreSQL will do.
- Your Engrish is measured at C1 or higher. Tinkering around will require you to RTFM.
Our 12-points go to the Roop and developer who:
- Has survived encounters with G-Code, M-Code (heavy breathing).
- Had vivid dreams made with OpenGL, Vulkan, or DirectX?
- Has real-world application examples using OpenCV, SDL || FreeGLUT || GLFW.
- Has ever used specs to understand CAD/3D formats like DXF/DWG, STL, OBJ, 3MF, etc.
- Has participated in CI/CD style/type development, with all its pros and cons.
- Has cursed XUnit, NUnit, or MSTest tools and the day people invented TDD.
- Has developed at least one web application that included REST || RPC/gRPC || GraphQL APIs.
- Has programmed machine vision systems, image recognition algorithms.
- Has programmed hardware systems, CNC machines, 3D printers, etc.
- Has programmed embedded system and Human-Machine-Interfaces.
- Knows how to Git.
Oh, and for instant karma, be prepared to defend your position on:
- Who shot first?
- What is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything?
- Why Emacs lost the holy war to Vim?
Being a part of WOP is a considerable reward on its own. Still, there is so much more we offer:
- Decent monthly compensation, starting at 5k (before taxes), for tax-logic-impaired, that is 3k and up.
- Health insurance, to get those dental visits you postpone, to get those muscles growing in a gym, etc.
- Reasonably flexible work hours, do your part honestly, and in return, we will not micromanage you.
- Free of charge, voluntary discipline, to constantly improve your skills, at conferences, online training, etc.
- Pension options for those who care and for those who like options.
- Remote work, yes and no. Yes – if you feel like it, no – you cannot bring lasers back home.
- Morale booster package. Fresh fruit, drinks, snacks, birthday cakes, etc.
- High-tech equipment to tinker with, research buddy supervision is mandatory, sorry.
- Bragging rights, to tell your friends you work with lasers and own a HEV Suit.
- A unique business, micro-size challenges, for those who are fatigued by yet another-ERP project coming.
- Option to choose your title. “Employee #40” is reserved.
Before everything else, you should now:
- We take full ownership of what we do. Check the concept of extreme ownership.
- There are some work ethics to be aware of. Check it out at https://gyshido.com/.
- Dogfooding in action, fulltime. Everything we develop, we use it in our laboratory daily.
- We develop tech that goes to space, likely every mobile screen on the earth, and probably next-gen chips.
- You will have at least 4 colleagues named Martynas, more expected.
It ain’t much, but it’s honest work.
Selected candidates will be informed only.